- Looking for challenging problems to work on, always looking for something new to learn.
Tech Lead Data Platform @ UnderArmour Connected Fitness. - SanFranciso, CA - Jan 2017 – present
SRE for the Data Science and Engeneering team. Data pipeline, engineering optimizations, and intelligent feature generation using spark, hive, airflow, python, elasticsearch, kafka and cassandra. Monitoring best practices and infrastructure for the data pipeline.
Continued development of our UACF system and application metrics system.
General technology experimenter, fixer and teacher.
Lead DevOps Engineer @ UnderArmour Connected Fitness. - SanFranciso, CA - http://www.myfitnesspal.com
January 2014 – Jan 2017
Creator of in house system and app metrics system (https://github.com/wyndhblb/cadent) in Golang. Server configuration management and deployments with Salt and python. Infrastructure architect in the land of AWS. Management of many terabytes of data on many hot DB systems. General fixer and debugger of a large microservice based application.
Co-Founder/CTO GabMoney, Inc. - Emeryville, CA - http://www.gabmoney.com/
April 2013 – January 2014
A startup focused on avertizing.
Consultant - WorkBook - Beverly Hills, CA - http://www.workbook.com/
July 2013 – 2015
Assisted with the technological merger and integration of Dripbook's services into Workbook's portfolio of services, and continued development of dripbook.com.
Co-Founder/CTO - Dripbook - Emeryville, CA + Austin, TX - http://www.dripbook.com/
May 2007 – 2015
Director of Technology - Pictopia - Emeryville, CA
May 2003 - Feb 2010
Streamlined interfaces for multi-tiered business systems. Developed systems to automate the creation and analysis of financial data. Automated all aspects of product and information management by designing data and financial structures. Managed a distributed network through troubleshooting and assembling hardware and software. Created web applications to interface with 3rd party e-commerce structures and image distribution systems. Developed the inhouse image database for image matching, search, de-duplication of the large newsfeed image distributors. Retooled the infrastructure into the cloud. System Specs: Perl, Python, MySQL and Java.
Co-Creator/CTO - Sound of Mind - Emeryville, CA
Produced, authored, and designed community based audio art collaboration site giving public radio back to the public.
- Fall 2002
- University of California, Berkeley - Ph.D. Chemistry
- Advisor: Alex Pines
- Title: High Performance Computations in Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
- May 1998
- Carnegie Mellon University (University Honors) Pittsburgh, PA
- Bachelor of Science, Physics (Department Honors)
- Bachelor of Science, Chemistry (Department Honors)
- DevOps, Product Management, User Interfaces, User Experience, Customer Service, Data Management, Numerical Physics, Software Development, Web Applications, System Administration.
Programing Languages (in proficiency order):
- Salt, Nagios, Graphite, Statsd, Hekad, Spark, Hive, HAProxy, Nginx, Percona, MySQL, Mongo, Redis, Kafka, Zookeeper, Celery, Django, Git, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Cassandra, HTML5, CSS, MySQL, jQuery, YUI, BASH, SSH, Markdown, Linux (Ubuntu, RedHat, CentOS), OSX, Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, etc), BBEdit, Memcached, SQUID, Lightthpd, Apache, Nginx, ImageMagick, FFMpeg, Photoshop, Illustrator, Zendesk, Google Docs, Quickbooks, Excel.
Graduate Research Assistance, UC Berkeley 1998-2003
Developed novel high resolution nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) techniques for molecular structure determination and development of a fast C++ NMR simulation and modeling tool kit.
Undergraduate Research, Carnegie Mellon 1996-1998
Synthesis and structural determination of the first cube of water (H2O)8.
W.B. Blanton, John Logan and Alex Pines "Rational reduction of periodic propagators for off-period observations.", J. Mag. Res., 166, 174-181 (2004).
W. B. Blanton, "BlochLib : a fast NMR C++ tool kit", J. Mag. Res., 162. 269-283 (2003).
J.D. Walls, W.B. Blanton, R.H. Havlin, A. Pines "Creating isotropic dipolar spectra for a pair of dipole coupled spins in high-field", Chem. Phys. Lett., 343, 372-380 (2002).
Scott W. Gordon-Wylie, W. B. Blanton, Brain L. Claus, Colin P. Horwiz and Terrence J. Collins "Towards Magnetic Building Blocks: Synthesis of a Planar Co(III)-Cation Radical-Cobalt(III) complex of the Binucleating Ligand 1,2,4,5-Tetrakis(2-Hydroxy-2-Methylpropanamido) Benzene" Inorganic Synthesis: Synthesis of Selected Supramolecules, 33, 1-10 (2002).
W. B. Blanton, Scott W. Gordon-Wylie, George R. Clark, Kenneth D. Jordan, John T. Wood, Urs Geiser, and Terrence J. Collins "Synthesis and Crystallographic Characterization of an Octameric Water Complex, (H2O)8." J. Am. Chem. Soc., 121, 3551-3552 (1999).